Thank you https://wafflemethis.wordpress.com/ for this love-hate challenge where I have to list 10 things I love and hate. My brain was getting to it’s hibernation mode and thank you for preventing that. So here goes
Things I love:
1. Nutella- self explanatory
2. My dad’s pat- granted it’s a lot like the way we play with dogs but that’s how he shows affection and oddly enough, it grows on you
3.Holidays- I’m the laziest human being that existed so if there is a day dedicated to doing nothing, I’m all for it!
4. A random stranger smiling – not in that creepy ‘I have been following you for the past 10 blocks’ way but the ‘hey, i don’t know you but who cares! You seem nice.’
5. When someone gives me way- In India we just cross the roads where we want, whenever we want, however we want(You can cross a road with a random cow on your leash if you like). So it’s not surprising that most of us die on roads. On those rare occasions when a car isn’t trying to gain that extra millisecond and instead gives me way, I realise there is still some hope for mankind. I must admit though, this only happens when I’m directly in their way and usually the gesture indicating me to cross just showcases the middle finger prominently.
6. When my song plays- I sing along to everything that plays on the radio, even to the musical advertisements! So when ANY of the songs that I know play, I go ‘wild’. People my age are smoking all kinds of things to reach here and I just need a song. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a sad pathetic thing.
7. My dogs’ spring- His tail, actually. I stay in a different state from them and still when I visit them once in 2 months or so, those tails will be wagging straight off their cute butts.
8. Sunlight through translucent curtains- I always feel like a movie star when sunlight wakes me up. After I wipe the drool off my face, ofcourse.
9. Mangoes! I hate that they are not available every day of the year but maybe that’s what makes it special.
10. Eating with people who truly appreciates food. I have a friend who bites off the bones to an extent to suck the marrow part, and though it gets scary sometimes, I actually find it endearing to see someone enjoy food. I am a very picky eater which is no fun at all.
Things I hate:
1. When god gives you a face and you invent a billion more- No, I’m not talking about plastic surgery. I’m talking about two-faced, fake people.
2. Dolls- I used to be terrified of them when I was a kid. They just stare at you all day and all NIGHT long. MOST OF THEM DON’T HAVE EYELIDS. With movies like child’s play, annabelle and all I feel like my fear isn’t baseless.
3. Hypocrites. Who likes them?
4. Those that judge way too much. I don’t believe than any one is above another. I try very hard each day to not judge people. And I see people urinating on the footpaths almost everyday. I should get an award. Just saying.
5. Homophobes- They scare me. How you believe that you have the power to decide who is the right person for one to love is beyond me.
6. Lip gloss. I don’t HOW but everytime I wear lip gloss or try to, some of it always ends up in my hair.
7. Expensive gifts. I’ll spend so much of time planning to keep it safe that I’ll leave it in a park and not even realise it till it’s a year later and that generous person asks me about it.
8. Relatives that don’t remember your birthday but on the day your results are published call at 4 AM!
9. Old people that claim that they want to see you married and with a child before they rest in peace. WHY? WHY? Why can’t you have dreams like normal people? Climb the Everest? Swim with alligators? That kind of thing.
10. Posting links from my phone that has a mind of it’s own and doesn’t listen.
So I hope this makes sense when I say I nominate all those reading this for this challenge! 😀 I would like to know what makes your skin crawl and what makes your day. Go ahead, start typing. Tick tock.